Driver Examination Online Tests
Welcome to Service New Brunswick's Driver Examination Online Tests.
Here, you can take:
- Written Tests (Class 7 level 1 Learner's Permit)
- Written Tests (Class 6 Endorsement H or I Learner's Permit for motorcycle)
- Written Tests (Class 9 Motor-Driven cycle, moped or scooter 50cc or less) (Only available between March to September)
What you'll need
To take your test online you'll need a:
- desktop computer or laptop
- stable highspeed internet connection
- web camera connected to your computer
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge*
- email address to register and receive your test results
You can't complete the test using:
- mobile phones or tablets
- Internet Explorer
How the test works
Your web camera will snap photos of you at the start and throughout your test. These photos will capture the test taker's identity and ensure that the guidelines listed below are being followed.
Before you start, review all of the information below
Dos and don'ts of taking the test
- set-up for your test in a well lit, quiet space away from people
- face the camera
- always keep your face fully visible to the camera
- keep your eyes on the screen as much as possible
- do anything that looks like you’re getting help to complete the test
- pick-up or answer your cell phone
- talk with other people
- leave your seat
- move or adjust your camera position after taking your initial picture
- look-up information in textbooks or online
Tips for avoiding test result delays caused by a review:
- lighting is important, make sure your face appears brightly lit with no strong light sources behind you. A window behind you, for example, can cause problems
- try not to touch your face
- don't leave your seat
- don’t take your glasses on and off your face
- don’t eat or drink while taking the test
- don’t cover your face
Be sure you understand the rules and avoid having your test results delayed by a test review. Your passing grade could be overturned if a review can’t confirm you completed the test without help.
Take a sample test
Once you are ready to begin your test, you’ll have the option to take a sample test and get a feel for the testing procedure. Otherwise, you can start your web camera and begin your test.
If you pass
Upon successful completion of all required tests and to receive a licence, you will need to visit your local SNB office with identification, proof of residency, and written consent by a parent if a minor. The forms and identification required are available online at SNB.
Test results are valid for 6 months. Any licence issuance or upgrade must be completed within 6 months of starting the process.
If you don’t pass
You’ll need to purchase a retest for a test you didn't pass. Try again whenever you're ready, there's no waiting period to retake a test.
- take all the tests before you purchase your retest bundle
- you only have to retake the tests you didn't pass
* Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge (v. 44.17763.831.0 and higher)